How fit for purpose is your current ERP system? Take our quick ERP needs analysis test and find out if your ERP system leaves you open to failure or destined for growth.
When your ERP software can’t keep up with changing circumstances, you’re likely to face many challenges in meeting evolving demands. Why not take our quick survey below and find out if your ERP system leaves you open to failure or destined for growth…
Your Score Explained
Scroll down to find your score and what it means for your business.
Score Range: 20-45
Your score indicates you’re working with outdated technology
- The time and money you’re wasting carrying out mundane and repetitive tasks on a daily, weekly, monthly basis could easily be recouped by investing in a more efficient system to help you run your business.
- If you’re working on an aging system or juggling multiple systems, staff often implement workarounds in order to efficiently carry out their roles. When end-users start to improvise, things can get messy. Better process automation, defined workflows and user-friendly interfaces could really benefit your business.
- Your customer service could be much improved by ensuring users have access to the information they need at the point of contact.
- You’re trying very hard to run your business as efficiently as possible but the struggle to bring disparate systems seamlessly together is probably your biggest headache (particularly if you’re looking to sell online or use industry-specific best of breed solutions that don’t fully integrate with your back office system).
- You may also still rely on your PC for information while many of your peers are exploiting mobile access to critical information anytime, anywhere.
- The lack of control around certain areas of your system is probably something you would like to tighten up on also.
- You’re probably relying largely on gut-feel and instinct to run your business rather than fast access to accurate data. This can result in delays in decision making, errors and poor customer service. The key to turning your data into a meaningful resource is to find the right tools to enable you to pre-empt, maximise and control every situation as or before it arises.
- You’re possibly using outdated legacy software that hasn’t moved with the times. It’s not a great place to be and requires a big decision on your part if you are to grow your business and operate at your best.
- Changing business management software is never an easy decision to make but sometimes it can be crucial to your survival. If you’d like to understand the real costs of ignoring the warning signs, take a look at this.
Score Range: 46-84
Your score indicates you’re working with technology that is limiting your business in certain areas.
- Your employees are able to carry out their daily tasks and are probably relatively happy with the system as a whole. But there is always room for improvement. Greater efficiencies are easy to come by when every view, screen, business rule, highlight rule, alert, menu and action can be customised to suit you and your users’ individual needs.
- When employees suggest changes, can you make them happen without incurring costly programming charges? No business stands still and neither should your system. It should be flexible enough to enable you to change and grow as required without costly upgrades.
- You’ve probably made attempts to continue investing in your system & it may meet your current needs as it stands. However, it may not be long before you start to question if your system can handle future growth potential i.e. expansion plans, staffing requirements, greater connectivity and mobility, embracing new technologies etc.
- You know you can get the data you need from your system but it’s possibly too slow and cumbersome to find and extract in a format you’d like. Modern ERP systems offer tailored KPI dashboards, screens and menus that can equip your team with instant access to the information and controls they need.
- Finding out about issues after they’ve happened is too late for you. Mobile access to your data is an essential enabler of organisational transformation. It can help you to increase operational efficiency, accelerate time-to-decision, deepen customer engagement and streamline workflow processes.
- You’ve made every effort to keep your systems up to date. You’re probably an early adopter and love new gadgets! This is great, but are they adding value to your business or just gimmicks? An annual review of your systems would help you to spot gaps, discover inefficiencies and could save you a lot of money. If you are planning a review of your ERP software then this is a good starting point.
Score Range: 85+
Congrats! Your score indicates your ERP system is enabling your business to operate at its best.
- You know how to maximise user efficiency & productivity through your systems and have a fluid interaction with your staff towards making suggestions and improvements. This is a great place to be and should be commended. Well done.
- You’ve worked at building up a system to meet your current and future needs and you’re probably all set up for growth. Nothing stands still however so look to other areas of your business that might need your attention.
- You have embraced a data-driven culture and place data at the heart of all your most important decisions. Using fact-based decisions to drive your business, powered by the right analytics tools, will enable you to more accurately define your strategy and be successful.
- You’re all set up to embrace whatever the future holds. You continuously review your systems and processes so you can get better at what you do best. Nothing will escape your attention.
Take Action Now
With the right ERP software in place, it is possible to get top marks in each of these sections.
Meet Intact iQ
Intact iQ is a next-generation ERP solution, designed to be easy to change to & easy to stay with. It can replicate the things you love about your current system, achieve the things you’d like in a new system and support the things you haven’ t even thought of yet.
Contact one of our consultants today to see how Intact iQ can empower your business to operate at its best.