I can’t stress enough the importance of having an online backup of your data. Believe me, you could lose your data at the most inopportune moment and it will be then and only then that you’ll realise the importance of having it for your business.
5 good reasons for using online backups…
- Simplicity – Online backups are a simple way to protect your data. They only require a one-time configuration and then run automatically on a daily basis or on a frequency set by you. No need for any user intervention.
- No capital investment & very affordable – Online backup services are a pay-as-you go service and are very cost-effective. There are no software renewals, no hardware requirements and no maintenance fees. Online backup services will also easily scale up or down based on your business requirements.
- Secure – Online backups offer multiple layers of security including hardware authentication, password rotation and strong encryption. Unencrypted tape drives pose huge ramifications to your business if records are accessed by any unauthorised personnel, lost or stolen. Online backup ensures your data is stored within multiple certified data centres
- Reliability and peace of mind – Online backup services are very reliable. Tapes, external hard drives etc can be compromised by human interaction, heat, cold, theft and prone to failure to name a few. Online backup services don’t have these issues. Email notifications also ensure you know if a backup is successful or not; giving you the peace of mind that your information is safe.
- Restore Options – When using traditional backup, users must have access to the backup medium in order to restore your data. Online backup, however, offers multiple restore options, including restoring your data from anywhere simply by using a Web browser to access backup versions of files.
Most of us only learn the importance of having and keeping regular online backups after losing some important files, databases or documents etc. Don’t let this happen to you; implement a data protection strategy today.