Intact delivers perfect-fit software solutions that elevate the businesses of our customers. Powered by our customer-focused, collaborative and innovative team of Intacters, our software is used by more than 2,500 businesses worldwide.
Continuously innovating since 1992, our open and trusting environment has created lasting relationships. Intact’s founders and many of our first team members are still a core part of the organisation. Intacters drive our culture and success and our goal is to inspire, support and help them to develop – and enjoy – their careers.
Intact was honoured in the Deloitte Fast 50 for the fourth year running in 2020. To stay future-focused, we are always looking for dynamic team players who are customer-focused and share our enthusiasm for technology. If this sounds like you, then come elevate your career at Intact.
Scope of Role
The role’s primary focus is on the design and construction of our market-leading suite of Web, Desktop and Mobile applications targeting the ERP marketplace.
Intact use a wide technology stack including.Net products (both Framework and Core) like WebApi, MVC, Signal-R and Windows Forms along with client-side libraries like React. Our products also make use of database platforms like SQL Server, Redis, Mongo and third party component suites like DevExpress and Telerik Kendo-UI. This is all supported by our established ALM system built around Azure DevOps.
The position is based either in Ireland or United Kingdom.
This role is a fulltime permanent position.
- Work within our evolving Agile process and across our .Net, .Net Core, Desktop and Web Applications. A blend of design, architecture, planned work, bug fixing, investigation and research.
- Collaborate with the client-side development teams in building our state of the art web client technology.
- Support other company departments – Project Management Office, Customer Success Office, Sales and Marketing
- Participate in special project break out teams
- Contribute to our internal hack days where we design and build new tools and features to improve how we build.
- Profiling and performance analysis.
- Assist in junior engineer development
Knowledge and Experience
- 8+ years’ experience in .Net Stack Development (Windows Forms/WebAPI/MVC)
- SQL Server Knowledge.
- Proficiency in designing and building well constructed solutions for scale
- Familiarity with Agile patterns and practices
- Experience with Signal-R (WebSockets), Threading and SSH an advantage
- Experience with .Net application profiling tools such as Ants from Redgate
- Strong creative problems solving skills and vision
- Excellent organizational skills, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, making decisions based upon priorities, schedules and an understanding of business initiatives.
- Willingness to learn and grow.
- Strategic thinker with a delivery-driven mind-set.
Benefits and Culture
Our perfect fit ethos extends to our Intacters, ensuring that our roles, environment, benefits and progression paths are geared toward their professional and personal development.
As noted, Intacters drive our culture. Our iSocial group organises a number of Intact social events and activities throughout the year, such as summer BBQs, golf outings, charity hikes and more.
In addition to a competitive salary and a robust social calendar, we offer a great range of benefits including:
Healthcare: Your health and well-being matter to us. Intact offers private healthcare to its employees.
Flexibility: Our flexible working plan helps Intacters to manage a better work-life balance.
Pension Plan: Intact contributes up to 5% of an Intacter’s salary, helping them plan for the future.
Exercise Reimbursement: Whether it’s a gym or a golf club membership, we support the efforts of Intacters to keep active.
Holidays: Intact offers 29 days of paid leave, including floating bank holidays. Need more? Our Intacters can also purchase additional leave.