Intact delivers perfect-fit software solutions that elevate the businesses of our customers. Powered by our customer-focused, collaborative and innovative team of Intacters, our software is used by more than 2,500 businesses worldwide.
Continuously innovating since 1992, our open and trusting environment has created lasting relationships. Intact’s founders and many of our first team members are still a core part of the organisation. Intacters drive our culture and success and our goal is to inspire, support and help them to develop – and enjoy – their careers.
Intact was honoured in the Deloitte Fast 50 for the fourth year running in 2020. To stay future-focused, we are always looking for dynamic team players who are customer-focused and share our enthusiasm for technology. If this sounds like you, then come elevate your career at Intact.
Scope of Role
The role of the QA Software Test Engineer is to design and implement tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. The QA role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs. Ultimately, you will monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system issues to meet our quality standards.
- Creation and implementation of a suitable project SOW, project execution pipeline and other associated documentation and processes for the professional services team.
- Runs tests and retests as necessary, executing test scripts in area of accountability, reporting on test activities and results in accordance with project plans.
- Provides input into quality assurance plans, data, procedures, and scripts, creates test cases and helps prepare for evaluations.
- Identifies test issues and reports risks, investigates defined issues
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Manual testing across devices and browser
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
Knowledge and Experience
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or equivalent work experience
- ISTQB Foundation desirable
Benefits and Culture
Our perfect fit ethos extends to our Intacters, ensuring that our roles, environment, benefits and progression paths are geared toward their professional and personal development.
As noted, Intacters drive our culture. Our iSocial group organises a number of Intact social events and activities throughout the year, such as summer BBQs, golf outings, charity hikes and more.
In addition to a competitive salary and a robust social calendar, we offer a great range of benefits including:
Healthcare: Your health and well-being matter to us. Intact offers private healthcare to its employees.
Flexibility: Our flexible working plan helps Intacters to manage a better work-life balance.
Pension Plan: Intact contributes to an Intacter’s salary, helping them plan for the future.
Exercise Reimbursement: Whether it’s a gym or a golf club membership, we support the efforts of Intacters to keep active.
Holidays: Intact offers 29 days of paid leave, including floating bank holidays. Need more? Our Intacters can also purchase additional leave.