Scope of Role
The role of the QA Software Test Engineer is to design and implement tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. The QA role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs. Ultimately, you will monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system issues to meet our quality standards.
- Creation and implementation of a suitable project SOW, project execution pipeline and other associated documentation and processes for the professional services team.
- Runs tests and retests as necessary, executing test scripts in area of accountability, reporting on test activities and results in accordance with project plans.
- Provides input into quality assurance plans, data, procedures, and scripts, creates test cases and helps prepare for evaluations.
- Identifies test issues and reports risks, investigates defined issues
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Manual testing across devices and browser
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
Knowledge and Experience
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or equivalent work experience
- ISTQB Foundation desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate across all stakeholder groups
- Be able to investigate issues and generate an effective solution in a systematic and logical manner
- Be adaptable and work as an effective member of a team
- Strong organisational, interpersonal and time management skills within Agile software development delivery environment
- Ability to recognise how, when and to whom an issue should be escalated.