Scope of Role
The role of a Professional Services Project Manager is to manage the delivery of projects with a team of Professional consultants and trainers. It incorporates the day to day management of multiple projects and individual tasks to ensure projects are delivered on schedule and on budget in line with customer expectations. The role will involve both, working from the office and on site with multiple projects and multiple customers.
- Creation and implementation of a suitable project SOW, project plan, project execution pipeline and other associated documentation and processes for the professional services team.
- Responsibility for the creation and agreement of Project schedules
- Control the Change management process enabling the effective resource planning, forecasting and budgeting
- Manage processes for project handovers from sales and to support including milestone definition within the project plan
- Ensure projects are sufficiently closed out to enable better resource utilization and handover to the support team
- Ensure that all required documentation and tools are available and accessible to the project implementation team as necessary
- Ensure project meetings take place at the frequency deemed necessary and customer stakeholders are managed accordingly
- Managing Customer expectation is paramount to the successful delivery of project and essential for overall customer satisfaction. Managing scope creep and ‘doing what we need to do’ is critical for the success of this role
- Introduce new methods of sharing dependant resources and utilising said resources on single and/or multiple projects
- Monitoring timesheets and subsequent approval
- Collaborate with the other team leaders (Development, Sales, Hardware) to allocate resources to projects when required
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of ERP project implementations at Enterprise level
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working as Project Manager
- Familiar with the concepts of LEAN and Agile methodologies.
- Exposure or qualification in PMP or other recognised project methodology
- Sound working knowledge of customer and business account practices.
- Excellent customer service and customer facing skills to work alongside customers on and off site.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Project
- Strong commercial acumen
- Ability to manage the blend of people, priorities and constraints presented in all projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate across all stakeholder groups
- Be able to investigate issues and generate an effective solution in a systematic and logical manner
- Be adaptable and work as an effective member of a team
- Strong organisational, interpersonal and time management skills within Agile software development delivery environment