Scope of Role
This position will be based in the Intact HQ, Dundalk. The successful candidate will report to the QA Technical Lead. This Junior tester role is an entry level position into the Quality Assurance team. In this role you will work as part of a team executing effective and professional test processes working under the supervision of a senior team member. This role will allow the successful candidate to develop an understanding of Quality Assurance while working within a vibrant development team in a fast-paced Agile environment.
This role is a fulltime permanent position.
The role involves the following responsibilities:
- Using a knowledge of quality assurance methodologies.
- Running tests and retests as necessary. Executing test scripts and reporting on test activities and results in accordance with project plans set out by the technical team lead.
- Providing input into quality assurance plans, data, procedures, and scripts, creating test cases and helping prepare for evaluations.
- Identifying and reporting test issues and risks. Investigating defined issues as described by stakeholders and customers.
- Planning and managing own time and work.
- Taking ownership of own career development and demonstrating progress toward professional goals.
- Communication skills essential with an ability to communicate effectively within a development team with appropriate level of detail and using language that connects with different audiences.
- Thrives on Problem-solving.
- An ability to work within a team and on own initiative when required.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Have a keen interest in QA, specifically within software development, with an open willingness to learn.
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or equivalent work experience.
- ISTQB Foundation desirable but not essential.
- Basic knowledge of quality assurance methodologies.
- A competent understanding of the software development process.
- An understanding of Agile frameworks such as Scrum and Kanban would be advantageous.