Scope of Role
In the role of the Junior Scrum Master you will demonstrate leadership potential and become a role model for agility demonstrating agile values and principles in your thinking processes and actions.
Applying a highly collaborative approach, you will eventually facilitate the delivery of high-quality software product repeatedly and predictably through relentless focus on the customer, business value and technical excellence.
We ask for the very best from our development teams, so we will ensure that you get the training and skills you need to have an enjoyable and fulfilling role within the wider team.
- Lead by example and be a constant source of information for the team
- Coordinate and facilitate daily stand-up meetings, planning and retrospective
- Work with the team to identify and mitigate issues and risks; clearly identify and manage external dependencies, remove roadblocks when necessary
- Ability to plan and run consecutive sprints
- Facilitate the day-to-day process of software product development and delivery and ensure the agreed process is fully implemented within the team
- Maintain visibility of the right up-to-date information; track agreed metrics and maintain sprint analytics on a regular basis
- Collaborate with the Product Managers to input into the strategic product roadmap that identifies deliverables and milestones
- Write up release notes and other documentation as required
- Collaborate with peripheral team members such as Developers, Application Support Consultants, Implementation consultants & Programme Managers to establish and maintain a prioritised backlog.
Knowledge and Experience
Are you an excellent Communicator? If so, we would love to hear from you and we will provide you access to all the training you will need to become a qualified Scrum Master. Ideally, you will have a Computer Science or Engineering degree, but this is not essential. A strong passion for Scrum and Agile methodologies will be considered more important.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a Scrum/Agile environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication with a strong ability to build relationships at all levels
- Ability to multitask and manage many interrelated tasks and priorities
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with continual deadlines