Scope of Role
The position will be based in Intact Hemel Hempstead , working on customer sites with expected 60% plus travel. The successful candidate will be reporting to the Systems Manager.
This is a varied and demanding role for an experienced and enthusiastic individual who would enjoy the challenge of working in a customer facing environment
This role is a fulltime permanent position.
The role involves installation, configuration and support of the following products:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 including Small Business Server.
- Desktop operating systems (Win 7 / Win 8 / Win 10).
- Email technologies with Exchange Server 2010 and later.
- Microsoft Office 365
- Email filtering / anti-spam solutions.
- Windows Server Remote Desktop Services
- Microsoft Office and Integration.
- Shadow Protect Imaging Backup Software.
- Knowledge in security and VPN.
- Networking and related technologies – Active Directory, DNS, DHCP.
- Windows server Group Policy
- Wi-Fi networks – Ubiquiti, Draytek
- Antivirus Software
- Fujitsu Hardware – servers, desktops
- HP printers.
- Zyxel, Draytek Vigor routing/firewall devices,
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and later – Setup, configuration, backups and maintenance plans.
- Must be customer focused and able to work on own initiative.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Remote support experience (via tools such as team viewer )
- Have keen interest in IT and a willingness to learn.
- Full clean driving license
Knowledge and Experience
- IT graduate with excellent communication skills.
- 3 years relevant IT installation & configuration experience.
- VMWare & Hyper-V Virtualisation technologies would be considered preferable
- Experience with hosted solutions – desirable but not essential