Scope of Role
We are looking for a talented 2nd/3rd line engineer to join a busy and fast-growing IT support department. You will be an experienced support engineer with good experience in Windows Server and Desktop support for Windows 10, 11 and Server 2016/2019/2022.
You must be a team player, where differences arise you must be able to communicate to a resolution, and not escalate to a conflict.
Experience with Remote desktop environments, virtualisation, VPNs and Firewalls will be highly beneficial.
- Experience with working on a busy support desk and a good personality to communicate with end users no matter that their IT level of understanding.
- Office 365, licence deployment, Mail Flow analysis
- Firewalls-troubleshooting (we use Sophos UTM9 and Draytek devices)
- Understand LAN, WAN technologies, IP addressing, roles of Subnets and Gateways
- Current Server technology experience is essential
- A thorough working knowledge of Protocols, DHCP, DNS, TCP, HTTP/HTTPS LAN and internet
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Liaising with customers and third-party suppliers
- Time and management
- Ability to multitask and keep track of active tasks
- Experience with remote control management tools, Teamviewer, RDH, etc
- Experience using a ticketing system. Not essential which, the fundamentals are similar.
The position will require a person who can think “outside of the box” and is passionate about technology. The willingness and need to step up when the needs arise and bring a positive “can do” attitude to the role.
Possibilities for advancement to more senior roles like project engineer are also available.
Working hours are 9am – 5.30pm working out of our Linby office (NG15 8AA) as being part of a collaborative team is essential in the sharing of knowledge, improving skill sets and building Team morale.
Benefits and Culture
Our perfect fit ethos extends to our Intacters, ensuring that our roles, environment, benefits and progression paths are geared toward their professional and personal development.
As noted, Intacters drive our culture. Our iSocial group organises a number of Intact social events and activities throughout the year, such as summer BBQs, golf outings, charity hikes and more.
In addition to a competitive salary and a robust social calendar, we offer a great range of benefits including:
Healthcare: Your health and well-being matter to us. Intact offers private healthcare to its employees.
Flexibility: Our flexible working plan helps Intacters to manage a better work-life balance.
Pension Plan: Intact contributes up to 3% of an Intacter’s salary, helping them plan for the future.
Exercise Reimbursement: Whether it’s a gym or a golf club membership, we support the efforts of Intacters to keep active.
Holidays: Intact offers 25 paid holidays, plus bank holidays.