Scope of Role
As HR Advisor, you will provide a wide range of HR support services to the business and will be the first point of contact for all operational HR queries from the business. You will support the initiatives of the HR function with responsibility for supporting the delivery of the day-to-day HR operations involving recruitment, payroll, reporting and HR Administration. If you have a background in human resources or are enthusiastic and organised, this is a great opportunity to further develop your HR skills and experience.
Reports to: Head of Talent
Place of Work: Hemel Hempstead, UK
Hours of Work: Fulltime
- Supporting the full employee onboarding and offboarding experiences for new joiners and leavers.
- To assist with developing online onboarding processes.
- Ensuring probation periods and appraisal periods are accurately monitored and checked.
- Assist the HR team on administration tasks – creating contracts, letters, filing, administration of employee data changes, ensuring that the HR system and HR files are up to date, accurate and complying with legislation.
- Assist with the preparation of payroll, employee relations matters, and any day-to-day administrative support as and when required.
- Coordinating recruitment activities such as publishing internal/ external job advertisements, screening candidates, participating in interviews where required.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to multi-task.
- IT proficiency – Excellence experience in working with MS Office Applications (e.g., Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- To assist with issuing and circulating Human Resources policies and procedures.
- To monitor benefit entitlements and circulate information as required.
- Ensure full compliance with all Health & Safety requirements.
Education and Experience
- Relevant qualification
- 1-2 years’ experience in a HR role
- Effective HR administration and people management skills
- Experience with HR systems
- Proactive/Can do attitude
- Accuracy/attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of HR policies, practices and employment law
Benefits and Culture
Our perfect fit ethos extends to our Intacters, ensuring that our roles, environment, benefits and progression paths are geared toward their professional and personal development.
As noted, Intacters drive our culture. Our iSocial group organises a number of Intact social events and activities throughout the year, such as summer BBQs, golf outings, charity hikes and more.
In addition to a competitive salary and a robust social calendar, we offer a great range of benefits including:
- Healthcare: Your health and well-being matter to us. Intact offers private healthcare to its employees.
- Flexibility: Our flexible working plan helps Intacter’s to manage a better work-life balance.
- Pension Plan: Intact contributes to an Intacter’s salary, helping them plan for the future.
- Exercise Reimbursement: Whether it’s a gym or a golf club membership, we support the efforts of Intact employees to keep active.
- Holidays: Intact offers 29 days of paid leave, including floating bank holidays. Need more? Intact employees can also purchase additional leave.