Intact is currently seeking an experienced Leader for its Managed Services division.
The successful candidate will have the autonomy to develop & implement appropriate systems and create solutions covering the areas of on premise, private & public cloud hosting infrastructures as well as for managed services solutions.
It is expected that this role will suit a candidate that has experience in a technology services company that has worked under an experienced ICT director in a Managed Services company but would like to put their own stamp on a fast-growing technology company’s offering. The Head of Managed Services will have full responsibility for the team, the operations of the business unit and the associated P & L.
Managed Services at Intact
The Head of Managed Services is expected to be both technically and commercially savvy.
Managed Services at Intact encompasses a number of activities within the organisation.
- ICT infrastructure sales including
- Hardware (on premise)
- Hosting Services
- Office 365 & Exchange Online
- Security, backup and disaster recovery solutions
- Site audits
- Preparation of recommended solutions including commercial quotations of solutions
- Break/Fix maintenance contracts
- Preventative and monitoring maintenance contracts
- Management of customer services help desk and preventative maintenance team
- Customer account management relating to all things IT
- Designing and delivering appropriate solutions for a diverse range of customers
- Design and Introduce a more proactive preventative maintenance methods of customer services
- Planning and scheduling resources for customer services both on site and off site
- Partner with Department Leaders to support a learning and progressive environment in which individuals can progress in their roles
- Help sustain a culture of ‘Can Do’, teamwork, innovation and, collaboration
- The role is customer and partner facing and will require travel within Ireland and the UK.
Strategy (10% of time) – An important part of a growing software and services company is understanding resource requirement, capability, and capacity constraints. To gain an understanding of the business, it will be important for the successful candidate to appreciate the business from our customer’s perspective. This role is responsible for presenting the strategic choices from an ICT / Managed Services perspective suitable for Intact’s diverse customer base.
Team Leadership (10%)– the Head of Managed Services is responsible for managing the day to day operations and performing team reviews on a bi-annual basis or on the frequency required
Customer Facing Advice (15%)– Our customers rely on Intact to be the provider of end to end solutions and to use the most appropriate tools for their business IT requirements. A significant part of the role will be offering advice and providing pricing on recommendations
Internal Team Support (10%)– as a technology company, it is expected that the head of Managed Services works in conjunction with the heads of other departments to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers
Supplier Relations (20%)– Intact Software depends on many 3rd party relations including providers of software and services e.g. Microsoft and Hardware e.g. TechData, Westcoast etc.
Resource Planning (25%)– Delivering services to our customers requires scheduling engineers to be on site or off site to work on their behalf.
Qualifications Experience, Attributes, Skills & Knowledge
The ideal candidate will have
- A 3rd level qualification in ICT or similar
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a technology managed services role ideally focused on the SME space
- Strong Commercial awareness
- Strong technical Skills
- The ability to lead a team
The following skills
- Project Management & Capacity (resource) planning skills
- General ICT skills covering
- On Premise / Client Server Technology
- LAN / WAN / VPN
- Cloud & Host Infrastructure (Azure / AWS)
- IP Telephony
- SQL / Database
- People management skills
- The confidence to collaborate and work with other technology department heads
- Microsoft Office
- A keen interest in technology for business
The following experience
- Understanding customer needs based on interview and auditing techniques
- Advanced knowledge and experience in public and/or private cloud-based hosting architecture preferably amongst:
- Microsoft Azure
- Amazon AWS
- IBM Cloud
- Advanced knowledge and experience in on premise client/server network environments
- Experience in building an architecture for a line of business application (ERP, CRM or similar)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to lead people
- Ability to work under pressure with limited time, direction or guidance
- A positive, pro-active approach to all aspects of the role