Intact delivers perfect-fit software solutions that elevate the businesses of our customers. Powered by our customer-focused, collaborative and innovative team of Intacters, our software is used by more than 2,500 businesses worldwide.
Continuously innovating since 1992, our open and trusting environment has created lasting relationships. Intact’s founders and many of our first team members are still a core part of the organisation. Intacters drive our culture and success and our goal is to inspire, support and help them to develop – and enjoy – their careers.
Intact was honoured in the Deloitte Fast 50 for the fourth year running in 2020. To stay future-focused, we are always looking for dynamic team players who are customer-focused and share our enthusiasm for technology. If this sounds like you, then come elevate your career at Intact.
Scope of Role
Reporting to the Group CFO, the Financial Accountant Team Lead will provide management and guidance on financial and commercial implications of key decisions as the business develops and expands.
The ideal candidate will be a recently qualified accountant with a minimum of two years post qualification experience in Industry or from Practice. A strong academic track record coupled with the ability and drive to succeed in the SME environment are essential to succeed in this role.
This is an excellent opportunity to progress within a growing Company that prides itself on having a great culture and people focused environment. This role will suit a commercially minded Finance professional working in mainstream accounting roles who wants to challenge themselves.
- Leading and managing the Company’s Finance and Administration team
- Manage the Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable functions.
- Preparation of Monthly Financial Information.
- Manage full Trial Balance and maintain Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Ensuring compliance with statutory requirements (i.e. VAT returns) are completed and filed in accordance with legislation & timelines.
- Cash-flow monitoring and reporting.
- Liaising with and assisting external auditors.
- A solid understanding of budgets and forecasting.
- Strong business partnering experience; you will be need to partner with Business Unit heads
A person applying for this role must have:
- ACA/ACCA/CPA/CIMA qualified with good accounts preparation experience.
Highly Desirable Attributes
- An understanding of ERP and/or similar Business Software tools.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and handle multiple issues simultaneously
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
Benefits and Culture
Our perfect fit ethos extends to our Intacters, ensuring that our roles, environment, benefits and progression paths are geared toward their professional and personal development.
As noted, Intacters drive our culture. Our iSocial group organises a number of Intact social events and activities throughout the year, such as summer BBQs, golf outings, charity hikes and more.
In addition to a competitive salary and a robust social calendar, we offer a great range of benefits including:
Healthcare: Your health and well-being matter to us. Intact offers private healthcare to its employees.
Flexibility: Our flexible working plan helps Intacters to manage a better work-life balance.
Death in Service: 3 times your salary for your family.
Pension Plan: Intact contributes up to 5% of an Intacter’s salary, helping them plan for the future.
Exercise Reimbursement: Whether it’s a gym or a golf club membership, we support the efforts of Intacters to keep active.
Holidays: Intact offers 25 days of paid leave, plus bank holidays.