Scope of the Role
The Managed Services team at Intact builds and runs the infrastructure that power our ERPs solutions. As IT System Support Engineer, you will focus on deploying and supporting, at physical and operating environment level, field computing equipment on the local LAN, including but not limited to servers, desktops, printers, barcodes scanners and mobile devices
The position will be based in Intact HQ in Dundalk, working on customer sites with expected up to 80% travel.
This is a varied and demanding role for an experienced and enthusiastic individual who would enjoy the challenge of working in a customer facing environment
This role is a fulltime permanent position.
The role involves installation, configuration and support of the following products:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016/2019
- Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating System
- Email technologies with Exchange Server 2010 and later.
- Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Office Integrations
- Email filtering / anti-spam solutions.
- Windows Server Remote Desktop Services
- Knowledge in security and VPN.
- Networking and related technologies – Active Directory, DNS, DHCP.
- Windows server Group Policy
- Wi-Fi networks – Ubiquiti, Draytek
- Antivirus Software
- Zyxel, Draytek Vigor routing/firewall devices,
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and later – Setup, configuration, backups and maintenance plans.
Knowledge and experience
- IT graduate with excellent communication skills.
- 3 years relevant IT installation & configuration experience.
- VMWare & Hyper-V Virtualisation technologies would be considered preferable
- Experience with cloud technologies – desirable but not essential
- Customer focused and able to work on own initiative.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Drives best practice and documentation requirements within the team
- Have keen interest in IT and a willingness to learn.
- Full clean driving license