Intact delivers perfect-fit software solutions that elevate the businesses of our customers. Powered by our customer-focused, collaborative and innovative team of Intacters, our software is used by more than 2,500 businesses worldwide.
Continuously innovating since 1992, our open and trusting environment has created lasting relationships. Intact’s founders and many of our first team members are still a core part of the organisation. Intacters drive our culture and success and our goal is to inspire, support and help them to develop – and enjoy – their careers.
Intact was honoured in the Deloitte Fast 50 for the fourth year running in 2020. To stay future-focused, we are always looking for dynamic team players who are customer-focused and share our enthusiasm for technology. If this sounds like you, then come elevate your career at Intact.
Scope of Role
The Managed Services team at Intact builds and runs the infrastructure that power our ERPs solutions. As IT System Support Engineer, you will focus on deploying and supporting, at physical and operating environment level, field computing equipment on the local LAN, including but not limited to servers, desktops, printers, barcodes scanners and mobile devices
The position will be based in Intact HQ in Dundalk, working on customer sites with expected up to 80% travel.
This is a varied and demanding role for an experienced and enthusiastic individual who would enjoy the challenge of working in a customer facing environment.
This role is a full-time permanent position.
The role involves installation, configuration and support of the following products:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016/2019.
- Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating System.
- Email technologies with Exchange Server 2010 and later.
- Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Office Integrations.
- Email filtering / anti-spam solutions.
- Windows Server Remote Desktop Services.
- Knowledge in security and VPN.
- Networking and related technologies – Active Directory, DNS, DHCP.
- Windows server Group Policy.
- Wi-Fi networks – Ubiquiti, Draytek.
- Antivirus Software.
- Zyxel, Draytek Vigor routing/firewall devices.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and later – Setup, configuration, backups and maintenance plans.
Knowledge and Experience
- IT graduate with excellent communication skills.
- 3 years relevant IT installation & configuration experience.
- VMWare & Hyper-V Virtualisation technologies would be considered preferable.
- Experience with cloud technologies – desirable but not essential.
- Customer focused and able to work on own initiative.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Drives best practice and documentation requirements within the team.
- Have keen interest in IT and a willingness to learn.
- Full clean driving license.
Benefits and Culture
Our perfect fit ethos extends to our Intacters, ensuring that our roles, environment, benefits and progression paths are geared toward their professional and personal development.
As noted, Intacters drive our culture. Our iSocial group organises a number of Intact social events and activities throughout the year, such as summer BBQs, golf outings, charity hikes and more.
In addition to a competitive salary and a robust social calendar, we offer a great range of benefits including:
Healthcare: Your health and well-being matter to us. Intact offers private healthcare to its employees.
Flexibility: Our flexible working plan helps Intacters to manage a better work-life balance.
Pension Plan: Intact contributes up to 5% of an Intacter’s salary, helping them plan for the future.
Exercise Reimbursement: Whether it’s a gym or a golf club membership, we support the efforts of Intacters to keep active.
Holidays: Intact offers 29 days of paid leave, including floating bank holidays. Need more? Our Intacters can also purchase additional leave.