About the Role
As IT Service Desk Engineer you will be working on a busy service desk, engaging closely with end users on a regular basis and should enjoy this level of interaction.
You will take full ownership for a customer issue through our ticketing system and will work with the wider Support Team to get a resolution for the customer.
In addition to providing technical support within the team environment, you will also share your technical knowledge with technical support staff.
The position will be based in Intact HQ in Dundalk, occasionally working on customer sites with expected up to 20% travel.
This is a varied and demanding role for an experienced and enthusiastic individual who would enjoy the challenge of working in a customer facing environment
This role is a fulltime permanent position.
What you will do
Provide support to Intact’s customers for their IT needs, in a friendly, customer-oriented manner.
- Understand our users’ technical needs and troubleshooting their issues in a clear, jargon free manner – resolving where possible and reassigning to the appropriate team where necessary.
- Logging, tracking, prioritising and ownership of all contacts received to the Service Desk, ensuring the completeness and accuracy of the information captured.
- Be responsible for timely follow-up on outstanding tickets and escalating issues through departmental procedures when required.
- Collaborate with our Software Support and Service Management teams helping identify common problems, developing and maintaining solutions within the knowledgebase.
- Information sharing with other team-members, to assist each other and to continuously raise the bar with the level of support we provide.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanour and portray the company in a positive light.
Who you are
A technical professional with experience in an IT Support or IT Service Desk position, the ideal candidate have:
- Confident using the Microsoft suite of products such as O365 and MS Office.
- Experience in troubleshooting Windows 8/10
- Experience in troubleshooting Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016/2019.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and later – Setup, configuration, backups and maintenance plans.
- Knowledge of Email filtering / anti-spam solutions.
- Knowledge of Networking and related technologies – Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, VPN, Firewall.
- Familiar with virtualization technologies such as Hyper-V and VMWare.
- Demonstrable experience with public cloud platforms.
- Experience with automation scripting languages Python and PowerShell
- Must be customer focused and able to work on own initiative.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Drives best practice and documentation requirements within the team
- Have keen interest in IT and a willingness to learn.
- Full clean driving license
Knowledge and experience
- Sc. / M.Sc. Computer Science / Information Systems / IT Operations Management
- 3+ years of experience providing system support in a technical environment working with customers (Software as a Service companies preferred)